Rob Catalano and I – with the support of WorkTango, The HR Gazette, and WorkingTech – launched the innovateworkTO series on May 16 and I’m pleased to announce that the first event was a great success! There were awesome speakers, a passionate panel debate and lots of networking.
Thanks again to our amazing supporters, sponsors, and attendees.
On June 20 we are back for the second edition. The June event will bring together HR, Talent, Tech and C-Level pros for an evening of learning and networking. This time it will be held at the Podium Building, Ryerson University, which means we have double the capacity compared to the first meet-up!
About InnovateWork Toronto
As an HR and Tech community, we are always looking for ways to improve how we can respond and/or get ahead of our changing workplace. Our main goal is to continually recruit, retain and engage employees, and it is getting more challenging than ever!
The Canadian HR community isn’t sitting back, but pushing forward to innovate. We have gathered exciting Canadian HR leaders and innovators that are making waves at every stage of the employee lifecycle.
Free to attend. Drinks and snacks provided. Seats are limited.
What to Expect:
- You’ll hear what HR leaders and workplace innovators are doing in 2017 to improve the workplace
- You won’t get a pitch of a company or technology, rather innovative approaches of how companies are disrupting current practices and adding high-value to the HR community.
- You’ll get to hang with cool HR and Tech people – we want to ensure we network and build connections.
- Oh, and we have cool drinks, awesome snacks, and a convenient location
• 5:45 – 6:15 – Registration & Networking
• 6:15 – 6:25 – Event Introduction
• 6:30 – 7:15 – Panel Discussion – The future of Talent Acquisition is Now!
MODERATOR: Jackie Lauer, Heart of Culture, Axletree Consulting
- Ryan Porter, CEO & Founder, Ruutly
- Shweta Jacobs, Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition, FLIPP!
- Jeff Waldman, Founder, SocialHR Camp
• 7:15 – 7:45 – Networking Break
• 7:45 – 8:45 – HR Leader Series
- 7:45 – 8:05 – The best investment you’ll make in 2017: creating a coaching culture, Amanda Ono, Head of Talent, Resolver
- 8:05 – 8:25 – People say HR is broken – How to Hack your way to a better HR, Jennifer Bouyoukos, SVP Human Resources, NexJ Systems
- 8:25 – 8:45 – HR Leader #3 (TBD)
• 8:45 – 9:15 – Networking
Panel Discussion Details: The future of Talent Acquisition is Now!
On this panel, led by accomplished leadership and culture consultant, Jackie Lauer, we will dig deeper into the world of talent acquisition and what the future looks like. We will hear from Talent Acquisition trailblazers on how the recruiting experience is changing for TA professionals, but more importantly how is the candidate experience changing. The panel will also discuss what new technology advancements they’ve seen and innovative things companies are doing or testing at the moment. We’ll wrap it up with a vision of what talent acquisition will look like in the next 10years.
Amanda Ono, Head of Talent, Resolver – Amanda has over 15 years of experience leveraging human capital to achieve organizational results. From talent acquisition, training, coaching, leadership and change management, she has implemented initiatives in six countries.
Jennifer Bouyoukos, SVP Human Resources, NexJ Systems – This is my story: I understand the pace, stress and craziness of startups and high growth, complex businesses. As an HR leader, I have worked and partnered with some of the legends of business over the past 20 years. (RIM, Descartes, Janna, Workbrain, SAP, Kobo, RBC) Most of all, I am proud to have mentored countless Rising HR Stars to leadership status over my career. It kinda makes it all worth it.
Join our meetup group for latest info on the events happening in 2017.
Note: Please see this link for detailed information about the location and Ryerson campus details and parking.